I don’t know about you, but I am so glad that it is May! I am happy to leave April behind and looking forward to this Spring and Summer. I think May is a great month because the best fruits and veggies are now in season, the weather (usually) is beautiful, the flowers are bold and bright, and this year, I’m a month closer to getting married!
May is also National Celiac Awareness Month! YAY for all of us gluten free friends! Udi’s GF food posted some fun facts about Celiac that I thought I’d share with you:
1. 6-10 years is the average amount of time a person waits to be correctly diagnosed with Celiac! I waited 15 years! How about you? Comment below and a we can see what our blog poll is!
2. A 100% Gluten Free diet is the only cure of Celiac Disease today. I hope me blog helps you stay 100% GF in food and product consumption.
3. Celiac Disease can lead to a number of other disorders, including cancer and autoimmune disorders. If you’d like to know more about how gluten has affected me, click on the “My Story” tab.
4. 5-22% of those with Celiac Disease have an immediate family member who also has Celiac Disease. I actually found out I was allergic to gluten through my brother being tested for it first. How did you find out?
5. One in 133 Americans have Celiac Disease. How many people do you know with Celiac and/or a gluten allergy??
*All of the stats are from the National Foundation for Celiac Disease.